soundgearauthority.com supports players. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Watching movies or listening to music on multiple Bluetooth speakers is definitely fun, but many people don't know how to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at the same time. If you are one of them, here is your answer.
So how to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at the same time?
To connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at once, you can:
- Use the "Advanced" feature on the Samsung phone.
- Use the official apps of the brand.
- Install the AmpMe app
- Use the HomePod stereo pair
- Usar Bluetooth 5.0
If you are scratching your head because you haven't fully understood the above points, don't worry as I will explain all the above methods in detail below. Stay with me for a few minutes, and then you can enjoy your favorite music on both Bluetooth speakers at the same time.
Before I continue, I would like to say one important thing that you should keep in mind.
Disadvantages of connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers at the same time
“Although there are many advantages to connecting multiple speakers to listen to music, one of the main disadvantages of doing so is the delay in the audio signal”
If you're okay with this, you can play music on both Bluetooth speakers.
Ok, let's get straight to the point and see how you can connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at once.
1. Connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers to a Samsung phone
To connect multiple Bluetooth speakers on your Samsung phone or tablet, you must:
- Active Bluetooth en ambos altavoces Bluetooth.
- Now connect both speakers to your Samsung device.
- Go to “Bluetooth Settings” on your phone and tap on “Advanced” option located at the top and enable “Dual Audio” option.
- Play any song and tap on "Media" which you will find in the notification bar.
- And finally select both speakers to play music from them.
After connecting the Bluetooth speaker to your Samsung device, you will hear a confirmation tone from the speaker. Now, you can decide which speaker should be loud and which should be lower. That is totally up to you.
This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to connect multiple speakers on your Samsung device. You should note that this feature is only available on Samsung devices. It might be a coincidence if you find the same option on any phone brand other than Samsung, but here I am specifically talking about Samsung devices.
If you don't have a Samsung phone or tablet, don't worry as there are alternative ways to connect multiple speakers to your phone.
2. Use the brand's official apps
If you want to connect multiple speakers on your phone at the same time, please install the headphone maker app on your phone and connect them.
Let's help you understand with an example.
If you're using Bose Bluetooth speakers and want to connect two Bose speakers, simply install the app from the App Store and pair them.
See how to connect two Bose speakers with the Bose Connect app
- Connect the two Bose speakers in the Bluetooth settings as usual.
- Install the Bose Connect app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and tap on the “Speakers” icon.
- Finally, connect the two speakers by dragging them down.
And it is that. You have now successfully connected both Bose speakers and can play music from both speakers.
Like Bose, there are many brands that offer their own apps to connect the two speakers and play music. Some of them are, JBL and Ultimate Ears (UE).
I hope you have some idea of how to connect several Bluetooth speakers through the official application of the brand.
3. Using AmpMe to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers
To connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at the same time, you can install the Ampme app on your Android or iOS device and connect the two speakers to enjoy your favorite music.
If you don't have a Samsung phone to use the "Dual Audio" feature or you don't have Bose speakers to connect them to, then there's nothing to worry about as you use the "AmpMe" app for this purpose.
Regardless of the brand of speaker you are currently using, you can use "AmpMe" and connect multiple speakers without any problem.
See how to use AmpMe to connect multiple speakers
- Open the app and sign in with your Google or Facebook account.
- Now, select the media you want to play.
- Finally, enable your location to connect with nearby devices.
Although this app is quite useful, it also has some downsides. First, you can only connect to one Bluetooth speaker at a time, but you can connect to multiple phones to play music. Second, you have to buy a weekly subscription to use the app, which not everyone can afford.
If paying for this service doesn't make sense to you, then there's nothing to worry about. There are other ways to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at the same time.
4. Connect multiple HomePods to iPhone
To connect multiple HomePods in your home, you must:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
- Now, connect both HomePods to the power supply and turn them on.
- Install the "Home" app on your iPhone if you haven't already.
- Finally, move your iPhone closer to the two homepods.
- You will get the setup screen automatically and just follow the instructions to connect the homepods.
If you are someone who owns multiple iPhones and a few HomePods, you can easily connect both HomePods without much effort.
All you have to do is turn on Bluetooth on both your phone and HomePod and move your phone a little closer to the HomePod and it will connect in about a minute.
You should note that this method only works with HomePod and iPhones running iOS 11.4 or later. If you don't have any HomePod or if you have an older iPhone with a version older than iOS 11.4, then you won't be able to perform this method.
You'll have to find another way to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers on your iPhone.
5. Connect multiple Bluetooth speakers using Bluetooth 5.0
If you have a smartphone and a Bluetooth speaker with Bluetooth 5.0, you'll easily find an option to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers by default.
Bluetooth 5.0 was released at the end of 2016 and since then many phone manufacturers offer their devices with Bluetooth 5.0 as it is advanced and has more features.
In addition to connecting various devices like Bluetooth speakers via Bluetooth 5.0, you will find many exciting features such as:
- Lower power consumption and longer battery life.
- Faster speeds of up to 2 Mbps.
- The device can be connected up to 240 meters.
Some of the popular smartphones with Apple iPhone 13, Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, OnePlus 10 Pro, etc. You can easily find out which version of Bluetooth your device has by looking at the spec sheet.
1. How many Bluetooth speakers can I connect to a Samsung phone at the same time?
You can connect a maximum of two Bluetooth speakers to your Samsung device using the "Dual Audio" feature in the Bluetooth settings. This is an exclusive feature only available on Samsung devices.
2. Is AmpMe free to use?
No, AmpMe is not free. You must get a weekly subscription to use AmpMe to stream and host multiple Bluetooth speakers at the same time. If you don't want to pay, you can go for AmpMe's 3-day trial and see if it's worth your money.
3. How do I play music on multiple speakers on my iPhone?
You can only play music on multiple speakers through your iPhone if you have a HomePod. If you have Bluetooth speakers of any other brand, then you cannot connect multiple speakers on your iPhone.
4. Can two Bluetooth speakers play Windows 10 at the same time?
Yes, you can easily connect two Bluetooth speakers at the same time to your Windows 10 computer. All you need to do is make sure it's Bluetooth version 5 or later. To check the Bluetooth version on your Windows 10 PC, just go to“Control Panel > Device Manager > Bluetooth > Bluetooth Adapter > Properties > Advanced > LMP”.
If the LMP value is 9 or more, it means that your PC has Bluetooth 5.0 or later and you can connect multiple Bluetooth speakers by default without any problem.
Connecting multiple Bluetooth speakers to your smartphone or computer isn't a big deal. There are many easy ways to do this, such as using the official apps from the speaker manufacturer, via Bluetooth 5.0, the AmpMe app, or connecting HomePod via iPhone. I hope you found this short post helpful on how to connect multiple Bluetooth speakers at the same time. If you have any questions on this topic, let me know in the comments and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!
Can coax be used as speaker wire? [5 methods]
How to connect external speakers to an LG TV? [3 Step Process]
WHAT ARE THE WAYS TO CONNECT 4 SPEAKERS TO A 2-CHANNEL AMPLIFIER SCHEME?
- How to make all speakers work in surround sound?
- What does the IPX7 waterproof rating mean?
- How to use the banana plugs with speaker wire in all possible ways?